The New Sith Order

Out there in the darkness, I thought I would be lost forever... but once my eyes adjusted, I found, much to my surprise, that within this darkness, I had discovered hope.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Welcome! {READ ME!}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry
Master: None

PostSubject: Welcome! {READ ME!}   Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:38 am

In the interest of better informing newcomers to the site, here are some FAQ's for quick and easy reference.

Q: Is this a religion?

A: The short answer is no. The longer answer is that the Sith ideology that we promote here at The New Sith Order is just that, an ideology, a philosophy. We make no supernatural or mystical claims. We base our ideas in rationality and logic.

Q: Where can I learn about the Sith Ideology?

A: The Grand Holocron is used to present a detailed explanation of the ideology we hold here at The New Sith Order. It also contains posts that pertain to that ideology, or to the site itself.

Q: What is required of me as a member?

A: The following rules apply to all:

{{1}} Do not post anything of an adult nature (18+) or any links to such material.

{{2}} Do not attack other members on a personal level in debates or disagreements. (Constructive criticism is not an attack.)

{{3}} If debate arises, do so in a civil manner. Always make legitimate points, counter points, and use evidence when applicable.

{{4}} No hate speech.

{{5}} No spamming or advertising.

{{6}} The unauthorized use of "Darth" in your name is forbidden.

{{7}} You must make a minimum of one post per week.

If any member goes inactive for more than one week without giving notice, their account will be removed. This is to keep the site from being cluttered up by members who are no longer here. If you do have to go on a leave of absence, simply send a PM to one of the Lords or the Dark Lord and let them know.

Q: Can I use Darth in my name?

A: Yes and no. The Darth title is awarded to members for growth and knowledge. It is something that is achieved. Unauthorized use of the Darth title is therefore not allowed. If you have Darth in your name, but haven't earned it yet, you can easily change it in your profile.

Q: What is the ranking structure?

A: The ranking structure here is fairly simple. The ranks are listed here from highest to lowest:

Dark Lord
Lord
Master
Saber
Shadow
Initiate

Q: What are the differences between the ranks?

A: Initiates: As soon as you join the forum and make your first post, you become an Initiate. Initiate is the lowest rank, and it is granted automatically. Initiates have no special privileges or authority, but this is the first step that everyone must take.

Shadow:  Shadows have more responsibilities than Initiates, as they are required to post about their training a minimum of once per week in their Masters training group, in addition to the normal post per week expected of everyone else. Shadows are trained by Masters.

Saber: Sabers have the same responsibilities as the Shadows.  They are required to post about their training a minimum of once per week in their Masters training group, in addition to the normal post per week expected of everyone else. They have developed further in their training, and are working towards becoming a Master. Sabers are trained by Masters.

Master: Masters have the responsibility and privilege of taking on apprentices. They are responsible for the training of their apprentices, and as such, have extra responsibilities. Masters are expected to post about their apprentices training a minimum of once per week per apprentice, in addition to the requirements to post about their own training once per week, and the standard once per week post. Masters are trained by Lords. When one reaches the rank of Master, they are given their Darth title.

Lord: Some Lords make up the Sith Council. They are responsible for making executive decisions, and for training Masters. Not all Lords are a part of this council, however, any Lord represents the peak of Sith training. They are required to post about the training of their apprentices a minimum of once per week per apprentice, in addition to the standard once per week post. Lords are also site moderators.

Dark Lord: The Dark Lord is the site administrator and owner. The Dark Lord holds veto power over the Sith Council, and assists them in their executive duties. He is responsible for the maintenance of the site itself, and any updates or improvements that may be made to it, in addition to the standard once per week post.

Q: How do I get promoted?

A: This process is different for each rank, and the process for each is as follows:

Initiates: An Initiate is promoted to the rank of Shadow when they are accepted as an apprentice by a Master. Masters have full right to accept or decline requests for apprenticeship as they see fit.

Shadows:  Shadows are promoted to the rank of Saber purely at the discretion of their Master.  Once the decision is made, the promotion is complete.

Sabers: Sabers are promoted to the rank of Master by recommendation and vote. Their current Master makes a recommendation to the Sith Council, and the Council takes a vote. A simple majority will allow one to obtain the rank of Master. In order to keep such recommendations from being made too hastily, once a recommendation is made for a Saber, they can not be considered for promotion again for one month.

Masters: Masters are promoted to the rank of Lord by recommendation and vote. Their current Lord makes a recommendation to the Sith Council that their apprentice be promoted, and the Council takes a vote. Only a 2/3 majority vote will allow one to obtain the rank of Lord. In order to keep such recommendations from being made too hastily, once a recommendation is made for a Master, they can not be considered for promotion again for six months.

Lord: Lords have only two ways in which they can be promoted. The first, is to join the Sith Council. In order to join the Sith Council, the Lord must be recommended by a current Council Member, and be accepted into the Sith Council by a unanimous vote. Other than this, Lords can not be promoted unless the current Dark Lord steps down from his position. If this were to take place, the Dark Lord would name a successor.

Q: Where should I make my posts?

A: Your standard single post per week can be made in any public forum to include your personal holocron, or the Halls of the Sith. Simply posting a picture or link is not enough to meet the standards of one post per week.

Your mandatory weekly post on your own training is made within the training group of the individual responsible for your training (in your masters training group).

Your mandatory weekly post about the training of your apprentices should be made in your own training group.

Q:  What/Where are the training groups?

A:  The training groups are their own forums, and they are used specifically to train members.  However, they can only be seen once you are a member of the training group.  This keeps the forum from becoming overly cluttered. It also keeps your training private from those who are not in the same training group as you are.

Q:  What topics are covered in the training here at The New Temple of the Sith?

A:  The following topics are covered in our training:

Digital and Personal Security
Psychology
Martial Arts
Sith Meditation
Exercise and Fitness
Organization and Resource Management
Mythology and Religion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thenso.forumotion.com

Welcome! {READ ME!}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top