The New Sith Order

Out there in the darkness, I thought I would be lost forever... but once my eyes adjusted, I found, much to my surprise, that within this darkness, I had discovered hope.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Sorcery Holocron of Darth Sanguinus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry
Master: None

PostSubject: The Sorcery Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:58 pm

~Relics and Fetishes~

Creating Relics and Dealing with Aberrants: At first, I found it helpful, especially in the initial creation of my first relics to rely entirely on visualization to create the relics. At first, I thought that simply visualizing the crushing of the Aberrant into the item so that it would infuse the item entirely would be a simple enough visualization to create all the relics that I needed. I soon found that this wasn't the case at all. Different types of Aberrants wouldn't respond to the same visualizations. It was much more nuanced than I had given it initial credit for. I tried to detail these experiences the best I could in the entries below dealing with each individual relic. However, after I created my Sith Relics, a much more daunting task, I soon came to realize that my entire understanding of the process had opened up.

It wasn't about visualization. Visualization were training wheels that had helped me to learn to understand. True control came from understanding the harmony, the pattern, the signature in the force that the aberrant is. Once you can feel the aberrant you can seal it, no matter how complex your desired resulting relic may be, because your seals become intuitive. It doesn't mean it happens without effort, but it means that you don't have to worry about doing it wrong. Once I realized that the visualizations were simply an incredibly rudimentary understanding of what I had experienced with the creation of my Sith Relics I came to the understanding that truly manipulating aberrants has everything to do with the ability to feel them within the force.

My Fetish ~ Staff:
The Fetish... the pure concentrated essence of a force user. I can't imagine a more powerful tool to create. The concept of a Fetish, an extension of your own power, a collection of your essence, never draining, only ever growing in power... it's an absolute necessity for any serious practitioner of Sith Sorcery. I chose to imbue my staff with my essence and it was an easy choice.  My staff has always kind of played the role of Fetish for me, and so it will continue to do so.  There is no more personal a possession that I own than my hand crafted personal staff.  The process was effortless as always, and I've imbued it again many times since its initial creation.  I will of course, continue to imbue it with more and more energy as time goes by, and continue to wax it with the Relic Staff Wax which I made.

My Relics:
Skull Amulet ~ Mindfulness:  The Soul Eater Skull Amulet on my necklace has been with me for many years.  I used to use it to remind me of courage, but I wanted to use it instead to become my Relic of Mindfulness.  Mindfulness enhances so much, and is a vital tool for healthy stable living in many different ways.  It goes far beyond simply being able to observe something, rather, mindfulness demands that you be currently thoughtful of something.  Creating this Relic required that I manipulate the aberrant in a very particular way. It took a lot of intense focus, but nothing much in the way of force.  It seems that creating a Mindfulness Relic is more like the task of perfectly tracing a complex picture, slow and intricate, but otherwise easy.

Sword Amulet ~ Self Assurance:  The Attack on Titan Sword Amulet on my necklace has been with me for a couple of years now, and I bound it with an Aberrant of Self Assurance.  I actually had to bind this Relic a second time, as the first time I used the quick seal didn't seem to have been effective enough to hold the Aberrant until I got to the process of finalizing the lock.  I'm not sure if that's to do with the nature of all Self Assurance Aberrants, or if it was simply a fluke this time.  However, once it was bound again, I found that it was suddenly immensely easy to seal the Relic.  It almost did the work itself.

Chain ~ Protection:  The chain of my necklace is a nice metal chain which looks like a spiraling rope.  What better lifeline than a metal cord?  I bound an Aberrant of Protection to the chain.  It wasn't difficult to work with an Aberrant of Protection either.  In fact, it was probably the easiest Relic to create.  It didn't require any force, but rather, only required the sincere revelation of vulnerability to the Aberrant, along with the need to be protected.  That was all it took to make the seal. The innate desire of the aberrant did all the rest of the work.

Wallet ~ Wealth:  My wallet seemed a natural piece to create a Wealth Relic from.  It draws the mind to the topic naturally, and I carry it with me any time I leave the house.  The wealth Aberrant was a bit strange to deal with.  At first, I had a difficult time getting the seal to function, but this was because I was thinking too narrowly about wealth, and had only focused on money.  As soon as I started focusing on overall wealth, the Aberrant became much easier to handle.  It required force, but only a small amount.  Wealth Aberrants, it seems don't like to be locked down, but they can and will be if you push the issue even just a little.

Patchouli Oil ~ Power:  Patchouli Oil is a scent tied to many powerful and spiritual memories that reach deep into my past.  The idea to convert the oil into a Relic of Power was fairly simple.  It should only make sense that I would empower myself with the scent of my spirituality.  Wrestling a Power Aberrant was quite the task.  I found that the only way to overcome a Power Aberrant is through the exertion of great force from all directions at the same time.  You have to compress the Power Aberrant into the item, and seal it before it can erupt from it once again.

Lightsaber ~ Strength:  My lightsaber was the obvious representation for strength, and the Aberrant was a lot like the Power Aberrant as you would likely imagine.  However, there were some key differences that I noted, the first being that while power was much more evasive, and that's why it was difficult, because you couldn't allow it any room to slip by, strength is different.  Strength can't be bound in such a way.  Strength has to have a release.  Rather than trying to utterly subdue and condense strength, you have to bind it loosely, allowing it to move, but not escape.  It certainly requires force.

Staff Wax ~ Getting Better Over Time:  I made some Relic Staff Wax to help maintain my Fetish Staff, as has always been my custom.  The Aberrant for this task was very specific, and it was a bit difficult at first to work with.  It didn't seem as though force was necessary, and yet, a simple need or desire wasn't going to be enough either.  It came to me after some difficulty that all I really needed to focus on was the nature of my Sith journey of constant progression.  This was more than enough to seal the Aberrant and complete the creation of the Relic. Still, figuring out how to visualize this was difficult.

Sith Relics ~ 49 Aberrants: I created my Sith Relics as a complex interchangeable set of relics designed to always create a full powered set of 7 piercings no matter how the individual pieces were arranged to create the end result. I used 7 of each type of Aberrant, and I used 7 different types of Aberrants, each one being one of the seven principles. This process involved far more Aberrants and more individual pieces than I had ever used before, and it required my understanding of the creation of relics and the manipulation of Aberrants to change. I now know that what's important is the force signature, and knowing how to understand those signatures. The relics are of course, of great value to me, but I think the lessons I learned about Sith Sorcery were probably far more valuable still.

Last edited by Darth Sanguinus on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thenso.forumotion.com
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Sorcery Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:15 am

Today we spent a decent amount of time creating Relics and Fetishes. It was the first time the ritual was performed, so there were some kinks to work out, but overall, things went really smoothly. Discovering things as we go is turning out to be surprisingly easy for us. It seems that our Force Sight is already helping us to understand that which our future selves have already mastered. I already recorded the specifics of each Relic and Fetish I created in my Info post, so there's no real need to do it again here. I'll simply say that for now, with our first big ritual having taken place, it was a very easy, smooth, natural process. Everything flowed organically without issue. Each Relic requires its own special touch it seems, but it's still a pretty easy task for someone capable of Sith Sorcery to begin with. I plan on spending a lot of time over the next few days imbuing my Relics and Fetish several more times over, and making sure that they're all properly sealed. I'm also going to be creating my Sith Relics from the piercings on my face, which was always their intended purpose. As we're just entering into open practice of Sith Sorcery, I wonder how long it will take before we start to see our mastery over the art grow. I get the feeling from what we did with the ritual today that it's going to be part instinct, part discovery, and part brainstorming sessions to get everything figured out. Our Force Sight will guide us.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Sorcery Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:58 pm

I just finished what proved to be a nearly exhausting effort to create by far the most complex seal I've had to formulate so far for a Relic. I created my Sith Relics today, and by all accounts, it was a very intense experience. First, I summoned 7 of each of the 7 types of Abberants I needed (for a total of 49) and then proceeded to create a Relic Set out of all my facial piercings. Just summoning and making the initial lock of 49 individual Abberants was tiring, but the creation of the seal was far more daunting. I needed to create a set of Relics that would act as a whole no matter how they were configured. This requires flexibility rather than a static lock to a single item. Keep in mind the number of Abberants and the complexity of the seal and you can see why the process of finalizing the seal became so exhausting.

There's no way to focus on the Abberants individually. In fact, there's no way to even focus upon the group. Seven types of Abberants all swarming in the ritual space, it's too much chaos to take a hold of. Instead, I found, that what was really important was forming the seal with intent, and simply allowing your mind to adjust to the flow of the force created by the Abberants that are gathered in the ritual space. Once you have acquired the force signature of the gathered Abberants, you can place the seal over it within the ritual space. I had to create and apply the seal multiple times. In all honesty, I lost count as to exactly how many times I had to reapply the seal as I struggled to maintain control over the many Abberants and adjust the seal each time to account for slight variations in the force signature or the Abberants caused by the gradual sealing process.

By the time I was finished, I was nearly exhausted. I was physically tired from the effort. I'm glad that I had already created my Strength Relic, as the rush of pure strength was just what I needed as a pick me up after such a grueling task. I found it remarkable how quickly the Strength Relic managed to reinvigorate me. I'm curious to see if my other Relics function as well. I can certainly say I'm very aware of each of them now.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sorcery Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   

Back to top Go down

The Sorcery Holocron of Darth Sanguinus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1