Out there in the darkness, I thought I would be lost forever... but once my eyes adjusted, I found, much to my surprise, that within this darkness, I had discovered hope.

HomeHome  IntroductionIntroduction  Join our DiscordJoin our Discord  Live ChatLive Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amara_Jaiyana
Saber
Saber

PostSubject: Hello!    Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello!

I've been reading around the site a bit and felt like saying hi. I'm a friend of Cain's over at the Temple of the Jedi Force, and curiosity got the better of me after reading what he'd shared. I've been studying Jediism for two years at TotJF and I'm nearing the end of my apprenticeship. My focus isn't the dark, but it exists within all of us and really, we're all studying the Force, so I would like to poke around and see how you guys study it here. If anyone minds, please just say so and I'll respect that, but from what I've read so far, it's quite similar but with different terms, color schemes, and perhaps overarching perspective(s).

I read Dark Lord Sanguinus' story, and I come from a somewhat similar background. I grew up in a hyper-strict Catholic home and immediately upon reaching adulthood left it behind. I was happily atheist for many years, and took cold comfort in knowing that there was nothing meaningful after life. After the birth of my daughter and a number of other life events, things changed. Atheism began to ring hollow and the anger I'd been carrying for years was only intensifying instead of cooling with time. I couldn't deny the synchronicity I kept stumbling upon and I needed something more than bleak emptiness and nothingness. I'm still very much non deistic, but tend to lean Buddhist and, well, may wind up that way altogether, lol. I found my way to TotJF and the healing began. It's been good to me and remains my home.

I hope this doesn't come across as an over share, lol; I'm aiming for honest. I'm not looking for formal training here, but I am always scavenging for lessons or new workouts to bring back to my temple and to improve my own life as well; and I'm curious about meeting other communities, too. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Lord Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Amara,

I'm happy to have you here, even if your interest is purely academic. Your forthright and honest introduction gives a better understanding to move forward from. There is, in my opinion, almost no such thing as sharing too much. Open and honest communication are the only way for us to ever even approach truly understanding one another, so I applaud you for doing so. It's the reason that I put my own story forward, to help give context to where I'm coming from.

If at any point you have any questions or would like to discuss something, please feel free to make a post, or to send me a private message. You can also access our Discord channel for real time chat right here through the website, so I would invite you to do that as well if you so choose. I am always open to talking to people with different points of view. It is in testing our beliefs that their truth is confirmed or their falsehoods revealed.

Amara_Jaiyana
Saber
Saber

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. I feel the same way about open and honest communication.

I'll most likely take you up on the offer of discussing more; I already have a few questions that could probably turn into posts. I look forward to hearing your insight and perspective. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Vindicus
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome Amara. Read, learn, let us know how we can help. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://houseveritas.wordpress.com
Amara_Jaiyana
Saber
Saber