Out there in the darkness, I thought I would be lost forever... but once my eyes adjusted, I found, much to my surprise, that within this darkness, I had discovered hope.

HomeHome  IntroductionIntroduction  ChatChat  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Je'daii Order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CainIsmene
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: The Je'daii Order   Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:53 pm

Greetings! As my username suggests my name is Cain Ismene. If you translate the two works from two different languages, the name reads as "Ancient Knowledge". I spoke to Dark Lord Sanguinus about my intentions long ago, so long ago that my original account got deleted.

You may have spoken to, or read Amara's post. Just as she said, she's a friend of mine from Temple of the Jedi Force (TOTJF).

I'm creating, as the title suggests, a real world version of the Je'daii Order. In Star Wars legends, the Je'daii Order was the original order of force users in the "Known Galaxy". Both the Jedi and the Sith sprang from the Je'daii in a way. As such, I decided to create the order since both the Sith and Jedi exist, so why not the Je'daii?

I've been creating a doctrine for the Je'daii Order and am just now more than 50% done with it. I've been posting over at TOTJF. I will post what I have here only if there is interest here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Lord Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:52 pm

I go through the membership every month or so and delete anyone who hasn't logged in for that period of time, so it's certainly nothing personal that removed your account, just standard housekeeping in the member list.

I was wondering if I'd hear anything from you again, it's good to hear back from you. While I am obviously dedicated to what I am doing here, I wish you luck with creating your order. If you would like to make available what you have here, you can feel free to do so.

As for the amount of interest that may exist, I can't really speak for the other members obviously. You'll have to make that determination on your own. It sounds as though you're still working hard at putting everything together, which should (hopefully) translate to a solid doctrine.

CainIsmene
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:43 pm

Thank you Sanguinus, your kind words are appreciated. I'll post what I've got so far, out of 13 sections so far, 7 are done.

As some of you know, in Star Wars EU lore the Jedi and “Sith” (By Sith I mean the affiliation to the dark side of the force, not the race who were extremely proficient in the dark side) originate from a more ancient order called the Je’daii. This order believed in practicing a balance of light and dark. Some might call them Gray Jedi but this isn’t quite accurate since Gray Jedi are defined as people who do not adhere to the Jedi council or the code, but do not use or follow the abilities or teachings of the Sith. Qui-Gon Jinn is considered the closest example within Disney cannon to a Gray Jedi.

Although I have chosen not to pursue further training at The Temple of the Jedi Force (templeofthejediforce*org), I believe I have an adequate understanding of what the Jedi believe.

I have also spoken with Dark Lord Sanguinus of The New Sith Order (thenso*forumotion*com) and have read through the information on his site so I can safely say I have a good understanding of what the Sith believe.

I will be attempting to combine the philosophies of both the Jedi, Sith, and modern morality into what will be the basis for the new Je’daii Order. As the Jedi have a more fleshed out doctrine, I will use their doctrine as a basis, and morph in Sith and common morality. This will set the foundations for the new Je’daii order, in terms of philosophies, structure, ranking, training, etc.

Table of Contents

History

The Je’daii Code  CHECK

The Je’daii creed CHECK

The primary tenets of the Je’daii

The teachings on the Je’daii

The vows of the Je’daii CHECK

The Force CHECK

Structure of the Je’daii order CHECK

Ranking of the Je’daii order CHECK

Training of students

Lightsabers CHECK

Holocrons

Dress

History

The Je’daii code

The Je’daii code is a neutral combination of the Je’daii code, the Jedi code, the Sith code, and common morality. First we will discuss the Jedi code, followed by the Sith code, and finally the Je’daii code from Star Wars.

There is no Emotion; There is Peace.
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge.
There is no Passion; There is Serenity.
There is no Death; There is the Force.

The code itself is required learning at Totjf. The assignment is to interpret it in your own way, but the simplest way to understand the code is to add the word “when” in front of the first 3 lines so it reads as follows.

When there is no Emotion; There is Peace.
When there is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge.
When there is no Passion; There is Serenity.
There is no Death; There is the Force.

The Sith code is as follows, and as far as I can tell, is also required learning at the New Sith Order.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.

The Sith code, even more so than the Jedi code, is even more straightforward. To put it in condensed terms, the Sith code essentially says that through passion, your chains are broken. This code is meant to be in direct contrast to the Jedi code, and promote self-improvement.

Finally, before we combine these codes with common morality into a new Je’daii code, we have to look at the original Je’daii code.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no fear, there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

On its own, the Je’daii code is the source of the Jedi and Sith codes and is already balanced. Though throwing in common morality allows us to apply it to a wider variety of real world situations. We’ll dissect each line of the new Je’daii code on its own in order to validify it’s inclusion.

This line points out that we are curious creatures, and always have been since we gained true intelligence. Since the industrial revolution we have known that there is more that we don’t know, than we do know. The common adage to describe the huge holes in our knowledge is “we know more about the surface of Mars/Moon than we do about the bottom of our ocean.” This is true for a lot of human knowledge, another example would be why anesthetics do what they do. When the doctors put you under they rely on the anesthesia to keep you under during the procedure, but they themselves don’t know how the anesthesia works to keep you under. This line is my personal favorite, since I believe, same as Richard Feynman, that understanding the universe around us is not only important to the rest of our civilisation, but it’s important to being a person. It states that there isn’t such a thing as ignorance in the first place, but that there is only knowledge and the pursuit of knowledge.

There is fear, and power.

The original line “there is no fear, there is power”, combines the belief of the Jedi that fear is an illusion, and the Sith belief that fear is a tool. However in the real world, we know that fear is real and everyday someone experiences fear in one way or another. Anxiety is a disorder that many millions of people deal with everyday. Power is another example of this duality of beliefs, and yet we know that power does exist in the real world. Everyone has some amount of power in this world, and some individuals have more than others inherently because of our evolutionary need to have some form hierarchy. So, to make the line fit with the realities of the real world we have to omit “no” and the second “there is” and replace them with “and.”

I am a conduit of the Force.

The above line is a statement of acknowledgement that as Je’daii, or any other affiliation with the force, is merely a conduit through which the force flows. This is more accurate than stating that you are syllepsis the heart of the force.

This line is one of the few that will survive the alterations to the original Je’daii code. Light does what it has always done, illuminate the things around us. It will be our job to enlighten not only ourselves, but the people around us.

This is another line that will survive the alterations, as it points out that not only are we somewhat enlightened, but that we are also filled with great mystery. Mysteries that not only pertains to ourselves, but also questions about the universe around us.

In balance with chaos and order.

Harmony is replaced in this line since harmony is actually a perception of order. The motion within galaxies we can observe appear to be harmonious, yet with further observation we can see that there is absolutely no harmony in it, its filled with chaos that has an order to it. Order that we can detect, analyze, research, and interpret.

Immortal in the Force.

The final line of the code and the last one that will remain unaltered. The reason this line will stay unaltered, is because life is immortal. Now, thats not to say we as individuals will live forever, but life as a whole is immortal. As Jeff Goldblum put it so many years ago “life finds a way”. Even from our own research, the earliest life we can be positive about on earth came into existence around a few million years after earth formed. So, the new Je’daii code reads as follows

There is fear, and power.
I am a conduit of the Force.
In balance with chaos and order.
Immortal in the Force.

The Je’daii Creed

The Jedi creed will be the base of the new Je’daii creed. The Jedi creed covers many subjects, a good portion of which can be cut out, moved, or consolidated into one line.

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace.
Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
I am a Jedi.

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi.

This is the new Je’daii creed. The second paragraph of the original Je’daii creed reads as though it is runoff and is grammatically unnecessary. The second paragraph also makes it more difficult to memorize, should the teacher even want their student to memorize it.

I am a Je’daii, the instrument of the Force.
Where there is hate I shall bring love.
Where there is injury I shall bring pardon.
Where there is doubt I shall bring faith.
Where there is depression I shall bring hope.
Where there is dark I shall bring light.
I am a Je’daii.

The Vows of the Je’daii

The base for the Vows of the Je’daii are taken from TOTJF and modified to reflect a more balanced, more Je’daii like, perspective.

The Vow of Respect:

A Je’daii must possess the deepest respect for all things, living, inanimate and themselves included. Respect enables a Je’daii to deal with both life and people in a fair and honest manner, which strengthens the bonds between people and fosters peace.

The Vow of Humility:

A Je’daii is no better or more important than anyone else. A Je’daii must always be mindful of their attitudes and self-image. Humility enables the Je’daii to approach others and life in such manner that allows a Je’daii to accomplish their goals. The humble person is easier to accept and far less threatening than the braggart.

The Vow of Contemplation:

A Je’daii must possess a clear mind and approach life and situations from an objective perspective. Emotion can influence the perceptions and judgment of a Je’daii and they must take care to insure that the position is unbiased. To this end meditation is a highly recommended practice that can both clear the mind as well as teach patience. Meditation in any form can be key in the life of a Je’daii and it affords them the opportunity to commune with the Force.

The Vow of Possession:

Possession is not forbidden and neither is it discouraged. A Je’daii must be aware of greed and avarice, however. Ownership of things such as a home, clothing, food, and even the luxuries and conveniences of life is encouraged as possession grounds the Je’daii in the physical reality.

The Vow of Moderation:

Balance is another part of the Je’daii and moderation in all things contributes to this balance. Too little of a thing can lead to deprivation and covetousness. And yet too much can lead to greed and waste. A Je’daii strives to attain what they need but may desire more as long as they are aware of their own avarice. Too little or too much of a thing can be equally destructive and both leech at the soul.

The Vow of Attachment:

Attachment is vital to the life of a Je’daii. The Je’daii must know life and be intrinsically tied to it in order to better serve the will of the Force. Je’daii must possess ties to the people around them and are encouraged to love. Love is a strong connection to humanity and can serve as a strong foundation for strength and encouragement when a Je’daii needs it most.

The Vow of Industry:

A Je’daii should not be idle. Laziness, procrastination, and indecision are all routes to becoming imbalanced. A Je’daii is endowed with talents and gifts that are intended for the betterment of the world that surrounds them.

The Vow of Restraint:

A Je’daii is restrained and practice it in their dealings with others. As people Je’daii possess passions and opinions and must take care not to force their views on others. A Je’daii must realize that their thoughts, feelings, and even intentions leave impressions upon the Force that echo outwards and touch the people that surround them. Above all, a Je’daii is physically restrained however conflict is a necessary and inevitable aspect of life. Physical violence must be regarded only as a final alternative when all other attempts have failed.

The Vow of Defense:

A Je’daii is sworn to defense: the defense of themselves, and of others. The mandate of the Je’daii is to defend those that cannot defend themselves, but not necessarily those that can, and to protect the sanctity of life even, if necessary, at the expense of their own.

The Vow of Chastity:

The bonds of deep affection between people are not discouraged as they are physical ties that reinforce the connections between the Je’daii and their loved ones and between the Je’daii and their own mortality.

The Vow of Compliance:

A Je’daii is to be compliant. They  are compliant to the laws under which they live, the customs under which they are raised, and to the conscience that directs and steers a Je’daii’s thoughts and actions. Furthermore, a Je’daii is to comply with their instincts and intuitions. For these are their clearest indicators of the will of the Force.

The Vow of Cleanliness:

A Je’daii is to be clean in both body and mind. A clean body and the respect for one’s appearance is a clear indicator of one’s mind and allows a Je’daii to be more receptive to the Force. Through the care and maintenance of themselves the Je’daii prepare themselves to be conduits for the Force and enables them to be directed by its will.

The Vow of Charity:

A Je’daii should be giving of themselves, their time, and efforts. The Je’daii are encouraged to help when necessary, to supply when there is need, and hope when there is none.

The Force

The Force is not divided. There is no light or dark. There is only balance. The Force is not itself split into good and evil halves, it embodies our emotions. The entirety of our emotional spectrum is embodied in the Force. Despite what the movies and books tell us, the Force is singular. It was most likely misconstrued into having two sides by people who believed good emotions were most desireable over bad emotions. Which created the perception of the Force being “light” and “dark”.

Just from existing in this world for as long as we have, we know that bottling up our negative emotions is not a good idea. The emotions fester until they explode outward and deal even more damage than they would have originally. From that knowledge, we should embrace all of our emotions. Not suppress the ones we deem undesirable just to save ourselves from heartache in the now. The best way to utilize the Force to its fullest extent, is to utilize all of its aspects and not limit ourselves to one side or the other.

Instead of being Jedi, who suppress their negative emotions and work to conquer them through control, and instead of being Sith, who focus on solely utilize their emotions to change their circumstances via sheer will, we should strive to control our emotions and utilize them.

The Je’daii strove to control and utilize their emotions, i.e. they strove to achieve balance. Our emotions are a key part of what makes us human, by denying half of them, or by constantly drowning in them, we lose that what makes us special. As humans, we’re the only creatures known to exist who have enough intelligence to interpret our emotions. That is what makes us special, our truly unique ability to utilize our intelligence and our emotions to achieve wonders.

Example 1.
On December 17, 1903, Orville and Wilbur Wright achieved powered flight for the first time in human history. Their desire, ambition, and enginuity, resulted in their achieving their dream. Emotion and intelligence gave us flight.

Example 2.
On July 16, 1945, at 5:29:45 AM, the first nuclear bomb was successfully detonated. The Manhattan Project was officially a success and we had achieved a literal miracle of then cutting edge science. The team that Dr. Oppenheimer headed up wanted to achieve their own dreams and desires, and thanks to the U.S. military and WWII, they did indeed. Ever since, we have had this horrible destructive power but have had the good sense never to use it since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Instead, we have turned that great achievement into thousands of nuclear power plants that supply clean energy to thousands of people, and in the future, with advances in nuclear fusion, we can supply unlimited clean energy to all 7 billion of us forever. Emotion and intelligence gave us nuclear power.

Example 3.
On July 20, 1969, at 8:18 PM, Apollo 11 landed on the moon. Neil Armstrong said his famous line, “One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind” and became the first man to ever walk on the moon. That great big white rock in the sky that we have all seen and take for granted. We met our closest neighbor face to face for the first time through ambition, perseverance, and curiosity. Emotion and intelligence made us the masters of our sky.

Those are just the major examples from the last 115 years. Clearly, we need our emotions in order to progress, as well as our intelligence balanced with each other. We cannot simply abandon, or succumb to one or the other.

Structure of the Je’daii Order

The Je’daii Order has a council, just as the Jedi do, and is very similar. The Je’daii Council is made up of the Creator, the Grand Master, and 9 Temple Masters within the Order. Just as the Jedi council does, the Je’daii Council elects its own members. However, the election process is a tad different and is based on the bill approval system within the United States government.

Only one Master can be replaced on the council per election term, the order by which the council members will be replaced is cyclical. Every 4 months, a new Master will be elected to the council. The order that the 9 Council Masters will be replaced is from Council Master 1 to Council Master 9. Here are the names of the very first Je’daii Council members

Council Master 1 - TBD
Council Master 2 - TBD
Council Master 3 - TBD
Council Master 4 - TBD
Council Master 5 - TBD
Council Master 6 - TBD
Council Master 7 - TBD
Council Master 8 - TBD
Council Master 9 - TBD
Grand Master - TBD
Creator - Cain Ismene

Once a new Council Master has been elected by the 9 Council Masters, both the Grand Master and the Creator, must approve of the selected master. If either the Grand Master or the Creator veto the selected master, the 9 Council Masters must select a different master. If the 9 Council Masters do not select a different master, the Grand Master and the Creator will select a different master.

Ideally, each Council Master specializes in a different area of interest and is a Master of each of the 9 Je’daii Temples, hence why outside the Council chamber and sessions the Council Masters are known as Temple Masters. This so that the combined mind that is the Je’daii Council is relatively diverse.

There are 9 Je’daii Temples, each are more like a schools of thought than true temples. Here are the names of each Temple.  

Akar Kesh - The Temple of Balance
Anil Kesh - The Temple of Science
Bodhi - The Temple of Arts
Mahara Kesh - The Temple of Healing
Kaleth - The Temple of Knowledge
Padawan Kesh - The Je’daii Academy
Stav Kesh - The Temple of Martial Arts
Qigong Kesh - The Temple of Force Skills
Vur Tepe - The Forge

The Temple Masters are responsible for adequately teaching, as well as serving on the Je’daii Council. See “Training of Students” section for the standard curriculum of each Temple.

The Grand Master may only serve 1 term of 1 calendar year. The 9 Council Masters, as well as the Creator, will vote for a new Grand Master at the end of the term. The Grand Master term coincides with every third Council Master term, this is done because each Grand Master must be a current member of the Je’daii Council. The Grand Master vote occurs prior to the Council Master vote, this is so that the vacancy created by the Grand Master vote will be filled by the Council Master vote.

The Je’daii Council is responsible for the promotion of Apprentices/Padawans to Rangers, Rangers to Masters, and assigning Initiates to Rangers.

To achieve a promotion from a lower, to a higher rank, a couple things must happen. To become an Initiate, just as in TOTJF, you must have to declare your interest in becoming a Je’daii. Once that happens, you are immediately enrolled as an Initiate. To become a Padawan/Apprentice you must complete your Initiate work, the requirements for which are in “Training of Students” section. Once you become a Padawan/Apprentice, you will be paired with a Ranger. That Ranger will be responsible for your training and makes the ultimate decision on how you are trained. Once the minimum requirements for Ranger training are met, which are also found in “Training on Students”, and your Ranger has deemed you ready, he/she will petition the Council to approve your promotion to Ranger. A Ranger, to be promoted to Master, must train at least 1 Padawan/Apprentice to the rank of Ranger.

Any member of the Je’daii Order is allowed to bring matters of importance to the Council, however, depending on your rank, number, and rank of members backing your issue, your issue will have varying importance to the Council.

The Council has the authority to add and amend rules that the entire Je’daii Order, which includes Council members, must adhere to.

Further additions to the responsibilities of the Council will be debated in full session, and approved by both the Grand Master and the Creator. If new additions are approved, they will be added here, dated and signed by each member of the Je’daii Council.

Ranking of the Je’daii Order

Currently, there are 5 ranks within the Je’daii Order, they are, in order from lowest to highest,
Initiate
Apprentice/Padawan
Ranger
Master
Grand Master

There are four honorary/special ranks within the Je’daii Order

Creator - This rank is permanently held by Cain Ismene and is a permanent member of the Je’daii Council. The name “Cain Ismene” is an alias, however you can reach him at cainismene(at)gmail*com
Ambassador - This rank is achieved by members of other Jedi/Sith temples/orders who are staff members of their respective temples/orders
Honorary *rank* -  This rank is achieved by members of other Jedi/Sith temples/orders who are confirmed as having the same rank at the aforementioned temple/order
Disciple- This rank is achieved by a person who has forfeited their previous rank and have “stepped away” from their training.

To see how a promotion is achieved, see Structure of the Je’daii Order.

Lightsabers

The famous weapon of the Jedi and Sith. since its inception, millions of people have loved the lightsaber. At Temple of the Jedi Force lightsabers are not absolutely paramount to training, and from what I know are not even mentioned in the curriculum at the New Sith Order, however they should be required as one of the basic training activities. I’ll explain this in a moment, but first, lore history.

In Star Wars, lightsabers have been around for many thousands of years but there were designs of similar weapons that predated the lightsaber. The first design in Star Wars lore is known as a “forcesaber”. It was seen in a vision experienced by Daegon Lok, and upon telling his masters in the Je’daii order was banished to Bogan, a moon of their home planet Tython. Upon arriving he retrieved a forcesaber and brought it back to Tython, it became the basis for all known future designs. These events unfolded in 36,453 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin).

The next design, known as a “protosaber” came into existence sometime after The Force Wars which took place from 25,793 BBY until 25,783 BBY. The Force Wars are what shattered the Je’daii order and from what was left the Jedi order arose. The protosaber consisted of a hilt where the blade emitting technology was housed, and a belt pack that supplied the necessary power for the blade. This design necessitated a cord between the hilt and the pack, which made the weapon extremely vulnerable to other weapons, which included forcesabers; other protosabers; blasters; and others made of Mandalorian Iron, a lightsaber resistant metal.

The design we all know and love, the standard hilt with a roughly meter long blade, was created around 25,000 BBY. The design integrated a more power dense module into the hilt itself, which eliminated the need for a belt mounted power pack. The advantages of the design are obvious, and it allows for more customizability. This led to the practice of both the Jedi and Sith having their apprentices build their own personal lightsabers and a wide array of variations based on individual creativity. Famous examples from the films include Count Dooku’s curved lightsaber, and Darth Maul’s double bladed lightsaber that split to form two standard blades. There are literally dozens of variations on the standard design.

From what the real world can understand, the lightsaber blade is made of a magnetically  constrained beam of plasma. However, taking into account feats such as Qui-gon jinn cutting through a nearly foot thick, assumedly, steel door, the power required to do this is far beyond our own technology. There is the possibility that the blade is instead made of a different type of matter altogether, known as “photonic molecules”. This state of matter is exactly what the name suggests, molecules made purely of photons. The matter is created using an effect known as a Rydberg Blockade. Essentially, as a pair of photons enters a super cool (2-3 Kelvin) cloud of rubidium atoms, they exchange their energy to one another in order to pass through the cloud and once they pass through the cloud they continue this behavior.

I could ramble on and on about lightsabers, there is so much information out there and I have such an interest in them that I could write a decently long paper just on lightsabers. Their origins, symbolic importance, colors, combat forms, techniques, variants of the traditional design, kyber crystals, etc. etc. etc. Instead, to save everyone some pain, go to the link below. It leads to the starwars.wikia page on lightsabers, and all the various topics are in the external links section near the bottom of the page.

(I had to cut out the link due to new member restrictions)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CainIsmene
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:34 am

Alright so I don't have another update to the doctrine yet but I wanted to ask a favor to all of you.

The thought just occurred to me that I need content for the different temples. I'm going to ask for the same thing at TOTJF, and am doing so here.

Any recommendations for documentation, videos, books, lectures, key historical accounts, philosophies, personal knowledge, etc, would be fantastic. Anything helps. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Vindicus
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Beyond just saying what the temple is (Akar Kesh-Temple of Balance), what is it there for? How does it serve the overarching Je'daii Order? What exactly is "balance" for Je'daii?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://houseveritas.wordpress.com
CainIsmene
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:11 pm

The Temple is there to teach the Je'daii how to remain neutral. It specializes solely in being unbiased and fair. Balance for a Je'daii is, in a way, about serving the interests of everyone, and yourself, at the same time because I feel that Jedi serve only others and Sith serve only themselves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Vindicus
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:08 pm

So Je'daii don't support either side-remaining neutral. By that Je'daii can't support anyone, let alone everyone.

Also, try taking out Sith and Jedi-now what are Je'daii?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://houseveritas.wordpress.com
Amara_Jaiyana
Saber
Saber

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Hey Cain, you've done so much work on this idea, wow! It's wonderful to see you so passionate to learn and ask questions; it's something I've long admired about you. But neither of the doctrines is as you've described them above, though that is a very common misperception for both light and dark studies - and one that many people aren't able to move past.

Revisit both the light and dark basics now that you've come so far in your own studies. I have no doubt you'll find plenty of people happy to discuss things along the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CainIsmene
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:48 pm

So you're saying I should re-read the doctrines of the Jedi and Sith to get a more realistic idea of what they really mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Lord Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:06 am

I think basing your ideas on the fiction is perfectly fine if it's for a philosophical exercise, however the material here at the NSO is very specific about the importance of altruism and promotes a sense of universal unity.  It's far from purely self serving, and I certainly hope that's the idea that people get from the material here.  I think the concern lies with people perhaps being mischaracterized unfairly by being equated with their fictional counterparts too heavily.

I do of course think that you'll need to make your own stances to be realistic, otherwise the work becomes purely fictional in nature rather than truth derived from fiction.  What you produce should be applicable to our world, essentially and obviously.  However, considering the size of the online force communities, I think you should take care to specify when you're talking about the real world Sith or Jedi and when you're talking about their fictional counterparts.  That way you can separate philosophical discussions from what could potentially be perceived as a smear campaign by some in the real world force community and creating bad relations.

An examination of the other stances of the online force communities could be an interesting undertaking, but likewise may become a touchy subject. You'll just have to use your best judgement and discretion as you decide how to approach those topics among others as you create your own space.

CainIsmene
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 am

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up Sanguinus. I hadn't realized I'd equated the real world Sith far too much with the fiction Sith. I'll make sure to read the journals of the Sith here as well as the doctrine again so I don't make that mistake in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Je'daii Order   

Back to top Go down

The Je'daii Order
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1