Out there in the darkness, I thought I would be lost forever... but once my eyes adjusted, I found, much to my surprise, that within this darkness, I had discovered hope.

HomeHome  IntroductionIntroduction  Join our DiscordJoin our Discord  Live ChatLive Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Holocron of Lord Vindicus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Vindicus
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: The Holocron of Lord Vindicus   Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am

This will be revised, edited, and updated over time.  Don't just look at the most recent post.

Please post any replies (strictly relevant to the topics at hand) in white.

Last edited by Lord Vindicus on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://houseveritas.wordpress.com
Lord Vindicus
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Lord Vindicus   Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:12 am

Table of Contents

1. The Dark Path
2. Making of the Modern Gentry
3. The Old Religion
4. The Five Elements
5. First Dynasty
6. Jensari
7. The Dark Knight
8. Ethics of a Dark Knight

Last edited by Lord Vindicus on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Vindicus
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Lord Vindicus   Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 pm

Sith Origins

Beyond Star Wars, beyond the current status quo of being a Sith, is the exploration of just what being a Sith means. The commonplace is that Sith is a Star Wars origin, when in fact neither the word, nor what was began some decades ago, were. In the modern day, Sith as well as Star Wars earned a position being described as a “modern myth” by Joseph Campbell. This, in light of what has been characterized by Carl Jung as a change in spiritual and religious affiliation, has led people to utilize this concept in the creation of a new path based off the Star Wars Sith. What it and most of them have achieved has become mired in hypocrisy and pride. Common sense is the most common, so much so that it is overwritten to a massive fault; there is no continuation, no true advancement, no true growth. The Sith are stuck, stagnant, and like several have predicted, in this state it is destined to fall. And so it’s time to break these chains which the Sith have bound themselves in. There are two major elements of being a Sith which must be addressed: The word and the practice.

The word Sith can potentially be traced to Gaelic, Old English, or even Sanskrit roots. As the path of the Sith can aptly be considered a journey, In this we’ll consider the Old English root word ‘Sidhe’, which itself means just that-journey. A journey is a commonly found philosophical and spiritual practice, which is well-suited for anyone who would call themselves a Sith. Among the most common elements of the Sith path include the ideas of passion, strength, power, and victory, or the Sith Keys

“Hate does not make a Sith
Anger does not make a Sith
Passion does not make a Sith
These are part of what I believe the Sith embrace, what they can more easily accept, but these are not what the Sith ARE. The Sith are those who are not afraid to feel, no matter what it is that they feel, they embrace each and every aspect of what I believe to be their humanity. That is what it means to be a Sith, at least, that is what it means to be a Sith to me.”-Atlas Moral

To “embrace every aspect of our humanity”, as Atlas suggests, we must explore deeply. Those who have come before along this path of being a Sith have often cited to “know thyself”, utilizing Jungian psychology, intricate self-analysis, and in-depth philosophical ideas. They found themselves in the Sith Keys, and those few who effectively applied these ideas took it even further. They lived outside the realm of fantasy and science fiction. They pointed to sources of education, learning, and inspiration as the next stage.

So what’s the next stage? Are we just Star Wars fanatics? Nearly everyone who calls themselves “Sith” will say no, but they don’t do anything different; they don’t seek to advance, to grow. If the Sith are journeyers, they are all sitting on the side of the road twiddling there thumbs while playing at being great. There is literature and a traceable history of the Sith going back almost three decades. There is literature, science, training and culture which directly correlates to what we have decided is the Sith path, and no one is using it, no one is harnessing it. There are very few “Sith” that will ever be quoted or otherwise mentioned, because they’ve offered no contribution, no continuance, no legacy. Time waits for no one, and the Sith are no exception. Our time is now. This is our origin.

The education and the resources are there, for those who will utilize it. Our culture, the collective achievement of the Sith, has this as its potential starting point. Our economy already focuses around art, martial arts, etc. What’s next? Sith like to call themselves a community; make it a community. Sith like to call themselves great; be great. You have the pieces and you have not put together the puzzle. You’re Sith; the only people stopping you is yourselves.

I’m a fan of Star Wars, or at least Legends Star Wars. But if I’m going to live, it’s not going to be in some fantasy world. I’m going to live in reality. The Sith in reality have acted as journeyers seeking to pioneer path; the word Sith directly reflects that in the correct context. I do not think the origins of the Sith can be found in Star Wars, otherwise how could we ever be real? I do however think that the origins of the Sith are found in a common thought, no matter what inspired it. I do think that the origins of the Sith are found in the consistent practice of those who believe. Finally, I do think that the origins of the Sith are found not just in the basics, but in the continued exploration, advancement, and growth of the Sith path, of the True Sith, of those who push past the stigma and the short-sightedness to rise up and become what they were born to be.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vindicus
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Lord Vindicus   Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:41 pm

“Ideas are Bulletproof”

What is an idea?  It’s a thought, a possibility, a suggestion.  They cannot be destroyed as people can, and even if they were discredited, hidden, or shoved to the side, they would still be there.  They are bulletproof.  It’s a concept that is found within the realm of revolution and the deviant shift in society.  The title quote’s origin, V for Vendetta, is not the only place in contemporary society which we find this, just one of the more popular.  Today we also see it in the TV series Arrow with Stephen Amnell, in the line found during the intro: “I must become someone else; I must become something else”, as well as throughout the Dark Knight series, characterized by the statement of Ra’s Al’ghul played by Liam Neeson: “If you become something more, and idea,”.  We find it in the Occupy Wallstreet Movement of 2011 and was written even further back in history with the Italian Resurgence of 1844: “you can kill a man/a few individuals, but you can’t kill an idea”.

"Those shall come forth who seek to wander the path. Those shall come forth who are prepared to forsake their humanity in search of ultimate power and found by those who are chosen among the powers that are. Those shall come forth who are tired of words and images, of lies and entrapments, who wish to break their chains and unleash the potential within them, claiming with their sword the mark of destiny upon their path and existence for all to acknowledge and fear. Bring them to me and I shall share all. For the time of our awakening has come."-Darius Moor, The Source Unveiled

An early Sith, Darius Moor founded his practice on what he called The Dark Knight, utilizing archetypal mythos to create the idea. While originally from a magical practice, he developed the concept of the Dark Knight through the ideas of the Armour, Sword and Shield, the Sith Trinity.  From this students throughout the years who followed his teachings worked to formulate practices based on knightly nobility and warrior culture, using the magical practices to formulate an alchemical process by which each Sith learned to command themselves and their world.

We are Sith, and Sith are people.  This is not a game, this is not a movie.  This is life.  We as Sith are the meritocratic nobility, those who earn their place through action, making a difference.  We can become an idea, we can be bulletproof; through this, through us, we can bring forth a Legacy of Supremacy.

It's time now to push for a Sith Renaissance,  a “reawakening”, continuing this idea, this training, this ideology.  Up until now there has been a stagnation, a failing.  Like in the Medieval era where the collective knowledge of Rome and Byzantine was lost, the ways of the Sith have been watered down through pride and selfishness.  For this to go on is an affront not just to the masters of the past, but to each person who believes in and follows the ways of the Sith.  The group that once called themselves wolves among sheep now squabble and bicker like petty children.  Now is the time to change this, to revive the fire of the dark side, and to become strong again.  It’s time for a rebirth.  Enter now into the Sith Renaissance, drawing inspiration from the past and working for a new future.  We band together to solidify a culture that has been years in the making, a legacy all-but forgotten, except by those who have the strength and will to remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Lord Vindicus   

Back to top Go down

The Holocron of Lord Vindicus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1