Out there in the darkness, I thought I would be lost forever... but once my eyes adjusted, I found, much to my surprise, that within this darkness, I had discovered hope.

HomeHome  IntroductionIntroduction  Join our DiscordJoin our Discord  Live ChatLive Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offline living

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Cognus
Lord
Lord
Lord Cognus

Offline living Empty
PostSubject: Offline living   Offline living EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 am

Do you have any specific examples in your offline life where you have already utilized the Dark part of your self in this manner?

So I was asked this question, and it got me wondering how other people, from different views would respond. So, what are some ways you incorporate your path into your offline life.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Cognus
Lord
Lord
Lord Cognus

Offline living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline living   Offline living EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 10:10 am

I'll kick it off.

I would say the time I've spent at my current job, and what I've done to get where I am at it. I started working part time when I started. A couple days a week for 5 hours or so at a time. My original plan was to work 2 jobs, to have the extra income, but that didnt work out for reasons out of my control.

After being taken off the schedule at my other job, I decided to tell my boss at my current job what my intentions were. To work my way to full time, because I enjoyed the job and wanted to go further within the company.
So, I proceeded to build a relationship with my boss, where she knew she could trust me, whether it was to get something done at work, or just to listen to some story, not that I cared about the details.
I won't go into detail about the situations, but there were a couple different instances where I gained a piece of information that I could've kept to myself and let slide into the void, but instead I saw opportunities to use these means as an end to further gain the trust of my boss. Long story short, I was a deciding factor of a few fellow employees losing their jobs.

After about 9 months, a full time position opened up. It was a shift I didn't necessarily want, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. So I continue to do my work this shift the same way I had been, only to realize my co-worker wasn't doing shit. So I proceeded, for the next 3 months, to come into work and do absolutely nothing. This may be seen as laziness, but I saw it as more of a test of how well my relationship with my boss had become.
Sure enough, every time the boss had something negative to say about how the club looked, it was directed at my co-worker. The bond between us was growing as she would confide in me, about work related issues as well as outside issues.

Why did I say 3 months earlier on? Well that's how long it took me to work my way into management after getting full time. This is where I started to shine, because I was becoming more involved with the company and doing more interesting tasks instead of the plan mundane cleaning assignments.

I've since worked my way into the mind, and trust, of the General Manager that ended up replacing the original one. I have a way of perfecting the aspects I enjoy doing, and deceiving the parts I don't.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Offline living
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum