The New Sith Order

Out there in the darkness, I thought I would be lost forever... but once my eyes adjusted, I found, much to my surprise, that within this darkness, I had discovered hope.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry
Master: None

PostSubject: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Holocron Rules

Welcome to my Holocron.  In order to keep the Holocron easy to navigate, I will be using red text for my posts, and would request that any replies be made with white text.

Last edited by Darth Sanguinus on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:43 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thenso.forumotion.com
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:34 pm

New Beginnings

This website has taken quite a bit of work to get it to the point where I am satisfied with its functionality. There are a few things I wish were a little better, but overall, for a free site, I have it working fairly well. However, despite all the work, this is really just the beginning. Now comes the process of growing the sites member base and training, and that is where the real work begins. I am very excited about this forward movement, and this new beginning. I honestly believe that we have the beginnings of something great here at The New Temple of the Sith. Still, we will all need to work together to realize that greatness, and it will take time to reach it. However, I have confidence that with dedicated work, we will reach it. This isn't the only new beginning in my life at the moment either.

I am also moving back to Illinois in order to attend college. I plan on majoring in computer science and programming. This will be a big change, as I haven't been to school since I graduated high school, and that was quite a few years ago. I am a bit nervous, but mostly I am excited about this new direction I have decided to take in my life. Education is self improvement, and knowledge gives power, so I will dedicate myself to these studies as Sith training with the drive and determination of any proper Sith. I have no doubt that I will succeed, and that the power that I gain will help me greatly in my life to come.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:53 am

Working on Updates

I have been working on updating the site quite a bit, and something has been bothering me a little. We seem to actually get a lot of guests that come through, but none of them seem to stay. I am wondering if this is due to a lack of explanation as to what this site is all about, and so I've updated the welcome message with FAQ in hopes that it will quickly and easily inform our visitors, and perhaps draw their interest in the short time they tend to spend here. It may also have to do with the inability of guests to speak with anyone who is online so they could ask questions. However, I don't believe there is a function in the forum itself that addresses that issue. I will continue trying to find solutions that help us grow, and hopefully soon we will see a higher retention rate for our visitors.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Physical Training

I started my workout program again yesterday, as it has been quite a while since I have gone through an exercise routine. I had forgotten just how brutal this routine can be. With no weights, and no equipment, just the initial fitness test was a dose of punishment that I struggled to complete. If you really push yourself, the workout is brutal, and it left me not only feeling like I was going to puke, but as though my muscles had been put through a meat grinder. It took me quite a while just to be able to get up and start moving around again after the first workout, and I went to sleep in pain. But pain is weakness leaving the body, and that pain felt pretty good as I imagined what it really meant. It meant that my muscle tissue was being broken down, and that it would rebuild itself even stronger than it was before. That's what the pain after a workout is... you can feel yourself becoming stronger, and there is a real satisfaction in that.

In addition to starting to work out again, I also quit smoking, and have now reached the point where I don't have cravings for cigarets anymore. I really enjoyed smoking, but there were things about it that I really didn't like. The health risks were obviously not very attractive, and cigarets are expensive, and they stink. Now that I have quit, I can tell that my dulled sense of smell is slowly starting to return, and it's nice not to feel like I have to shell out cash in order to smell like an ash tray all the time. However, what is by far the most positive thing about quitting is the feeling of accomplishment and power it gives. Nicotine is actually an extremely addictive substance, and having the willpower to overcome that addiction is a real confidence boost, especially when you do a little research and learn just how addictive nicotine actually is.

As an update, I have finished all of my paperwork for school, and now I'm simply waiting to hear back from the university. I'm going to start looking for a job today so that I can save up some money to build a computer. I will be sure to keep you all updated on that situation.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:17 pm

A Sith Moment in Time

I wanted to share something that happened to me a few days ago while I was driving.  It was a gorgeous afternoon, the sun was low in the sky, still bright, but its light was muted by the trees on the side of the rode so that as I drove, my eyes would see flashes of sunlight were delivered between flashes of slightly green tinted shade.  The radio was off, and the car was quiet, as I was driving by myself and I was deep in thought.  I was thinking about the Sith, and the NSO in particular.  I was thinking about the ideology that we hold here, and how it effects our day to day lives.  I was thinking about the nature of the universe, and the subjective nature of reality.  I was thinking about all of these things, all at the same time, and how they all interacted with one another and then suddenly something happened.  The world was on fire with color, energy, and life.  My knowledge gave me power that I hadn't had the moment before.  I could feel the force, I could sense it all around me and within me.  I could see the universe in the world around me, and in myself.  As I sat there driving through this world that was suddenly so much more vivid than it had been only moments ago, I couldn't help but let a huge smile cross my face.

The atoms that make up the world we live on, everything around us, and even all the life on this planet including ourselves were forged in the heart of ancient stars, which themselves were made up of the matter left over from the big bang.  All matter is, at its base, made up of energy, and that is the force, the energy that makes up the universe.  We are the universe experiencing itself, we are the force given consciousness, and we are connected to everything that exists not only by common heritage, but in makeup and composition.  So when I say that I could feel the force, I mean it.  I could feel my breathing, I could feel my heart beating, I could feel the sun on my face, and hear the wind outside the car.  But when you experience these things through the eyes of a Sith, the world is a much different, and much more amazing place.  As I smiled, I welcomed the return of this now familiar sensation that I had only ever come to know after truly embracing the ways of the Sith.

Last edited by Darth Sanguinus on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 am

Some Difficulties

Life without difficulty would be boring and unsatisfying, but there are certainly times when it would be nice for things to go smoothly. I am having difficulty finding work. I moved back to southern IL so that I could go to school, but the region isn't exactly a goldmine of job opportunities, so finding a job is slow going. I am also having the issues that come with moving to a new place. I don't really know anyone who lives here, and hence, have to start making new friends. It gets lonely and boring when you don't know anyone. Still, I'm making progress in that area. I was also a little disappointed this past week due to the lack of activity here on the site. Still, I know that this is most likely due to finals week, so I'm not going to worry about it unless it continues to be an issue. I'm still anxiously awaiting a response from the University, and hoping that I'll be accepted so that I can start lining up my classes and working out my financial aid.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Mon May 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Ambitions

I have ambitions both for myself, and for this organization.  I am truly passionate about where this is all headed, and where it will end up.  I am dedicated to guiding that process.  I show that by logging on every day, by posting, by creating new topics, and by engaging the other members.  Still, it may be difficult to see just how much effort I put forward, so I thought I would point a few things out.  I have a post per day rate of 1.15, and a topic per day rate of 0.33.  On average, that's a post every day, and a new topic every three days.  I have those averages despite the fact that I was the only member for about a month while I was working on the site and it sat empty.  

When new members join, I send them a personal PM within 24 hours, welcoming them, giving them advice, offering help, and trying to set up times to meet in chats.  Every Saturday I check the activity of all the members, generate the inactivity list, and send out the warning emails to those members.  On Sunday, if there is any real news to report, I write out the weekly news.  On Wednesday I go back through the inactive list, find those who are still in violation with no reply to the warning email and remove them.  I personally update and oversee all the official holocron entries, and have to generate them for each new member.  I designed and moderate the entire forum.  Any time someone changes rank, or joins or leaves a training group, I have to manually change that.  Since I am currently the only member of high enough rank to train, I also do all of the training, am currently working out the details of the training program, and of course, I wrote everything in The Grand Holocron.

It may not be easy for the average user to see, but I spend quite a bit of time and effort here on the site, and working on NSO related material.  Now, the point of all this isn't to brag or toot my own horn, but rather, to make a point.  That's what passion looks like.  That's what ambition looks like.  That's what a Sith in action looks like.  I'm not saying you should spend hours every day here on the site, but I want you to ask yourselves honestly... ff that's not how you look... what exactly are you doing?  

Last edited by Darth Sanguinus on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Not As Active

I have been less active this past week due to the fact that my son is visiting me this month.  He is 6 years old, and requires a lot of my time when he is here.  Still, having him here with me is overwhelmingly positive for me.  I will continue to be as active as I possibly can during his stay here, however, I won't be able to put as much time in as I usually do.  I ask that everyone be patient during this time, I will not be neglecting my duties, yet still, I will have to make some concessions on my time.  I thank you all for your understanding in this situation, and I hope that you will all make up for my less frequent activity with more activity of your own.  I encourage you to make new topics, and start new discussions.  It is time that we all collectively start stepping up, and really putting in some serious effort.  Now is the time, here, in our early beginnings, to make your mark.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:09 pm

The Connection

I was with my son last night, laying out under the stars.  I wish we lived further away from town so we could see more stars.  It has been so long since I have been able to look up and see the Milky Way.  Still, even with the limited stars that we could see, as we laid there, the vastness of space stretched out before my eyes.  This immense expanse of empty blackness dotted with small white lights was something so massive in scale that it is nearly impossible to truly grasp it.  Yet still, the lights from those stars reached out to me, caressing my eyes with their light.  The very essence of the stars was pouring into me, not just figuratively, but literally.  The light entering my eyes came from millions if not billions of light years away.  As I sat there looking out at those stars, I could feel The Force itself all around me.  To feel The Force is not something that happens physically, but rather, mentally.  It is an understanding of truth.  It is the knowledge of the connection that exists between ourselves and everything around us.  As I laid there trying to explain the vastness of space to my young son, knowing that at 6 years old, he could not possibly comprehend what I was trying to tell him, I hoped only that one day he might be able to feel the same thing that I was feeling in that moment.  To feel The Force is indeed mental, but the mind often plays fantastic games with the body.  When I am feeling The Force, it feels as though I am electrified.  My hairs stand on end, and I swear I can feel some unseen energy radiating out of myself.  I know that these physical feelings are generated by my mind as I am taken in by the wonder of it all, yet still, the feelings that accompany the knowledge are no less moving or impactful.

Last edited by Darth Sanguinus on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:27 am

The Fire

There is a fire that burns with a Sith.  That fire is their emotion, their passion.  A Sith is trained to use this passion to drive them forward towards greatness.  However, like any fire, it needs tending.  An untended fire quickly burns out.  The same is true for the fire within us.  It requires fuel and care in order to remain strong.  It is easy, through neglect, to allow this fire to dwindle down to hardly a smolder.  We must resist this at all costs.  We must be vigilant, and tend our fire well.  What are the things that you are passionate about?  Involve yourself in these things.  Be deliberate.  Do not allow yourself to falter.  A Sith without that fire may as well be dead.  This is what the living dead truly are; those who go through their lives without fire, without passion, who blow through each day on autopilot, never truly appreciating their lives.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:02 am

So Few, and So Long

A lot of time has gone by since this journey first started here at the NSO, and I began in earnest to try to build something here. In that time, I have had a lot of things happen, both here, and in my life. My very first apprentice, who seemed so full of enthusiasm, and who was responsible for much of the initial surge in membership vanished without warning for several months, only to reappear for about a week, then vanish again just as abruptly. I have seen many members come and go, some without ever even making a single post. I have seen others try to push their own sites and ideologies, and I have watched membership and activity climb, and climb, and climb, only to taper off into almost absolute stillness. I have contented myself to know that a single serious student is worth a thousand pretenders, and I have had the good fortune of having such a student. I am still looking forward to what this organization might become, and I still have hope that it could become something great, though I'm sure it will take time for it to reach its true potential.

Still, I can not help but see that the amount of time and effort that I put into the NSO has decreased greatly. Of course, that could very well be due to the fact that there are so few active members, the site is already created, the curriculum already developed, and most of the time consuming effort has already been put in. I'm sure that if membership and activity increases it will demand more of my time. As of now, I don't share my thoughts nearly as often. My focus has become much more rigid, and my contributions much more sparse. I find that I'm currently focused only on the training of my student, and that my other activity here has fallen away. Still, I'm also aware of the fact that I don't post nearly as often as I could. I haven't even been keeping up the mandatory posting requirements outside of my own training group. Have I lost my passion for the NSO? Definitely not.

However, the NSO has been very slow as of late, which means that a large portion of my time here is time wasted. I have nothing to offer an empty message board, and my student is being trained constantly, so I don't feel as though I am neglecting him. I suppose that might not be true, as I am sure there are other discussions we could have in the Halls of the Sith. Still, it is difficult to put much effort into the NSO while it is so empty, and the rest of my life has quickly become much more full. I have started college, which has been very draining on my time, and has been very demanding of my efforts. The work isn't genuinely difficult, but the time and effort that it requires to do it is sometimes exhaustive. Beyond that, I have found myself in a wonderful relationship, I have made many new friends in college, and my social life has become much more engaging that it was at the beginning of the school year. All in all, I have found that I just don't have as much time for the NSO right now, though I suppose that isn't completely true. I still speak about the NSO to those in my life, and if activity or membership were to suddenly increase, I believe I would be ready to jump back in head first.

However, at the moment, I don't have the energy to invest in recruiting from the internet, and sifting through hundreds of members that never really end up doing anything. It isn't that I can't. I don't want to. I do want membership to increase, and recruiting is an important part of making that happen, but right now, I will not devote the time to doing so. The NSO is moving at a different pace right now. I want the pace to increase, but first, I need to build slowly. I need more Masters to help share the load of students. I need more Lords to sit on the council. I need to be free of the burden of training every single member that applies for training. I need people with ideas to contribute to The Grand Holocron. I need people who will bring other dedicated members. I need active conversations in The Halls of the Sith. I need thought provoking entries in the Personal Holocrons. I need a great many things... However, building these things will take time, and if I try to do it all at once, I will surely exhaust myself with the effort, and then it will never happen at all.

The time is coming, and every step forward accelerates the pace at which we will advance... but that means that the first few steps will be the most difficult, and the slowest in coming. If I can remember that, then the NSO will continue to grow; and I do intend to remember it.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:14 pm

A New Breath

While speaking with my best friend about the Sith ideology, our thoughts on it, and about our own past, Daroff made a profound statement that completely changed the direction of the conversation, and drove us to make exciting new insights into not only our understanding of the force, but also about our own past. He said "I think that the best way to come to understand the Force is through our relationships with other people." At first, I agreed that it was a good way to learn about the Force, but the more I thought about what he had just said, the more I supported his statement. We are the Force given consciousness. To come to know another person is to discover the connection that we already share, for we are all the Force. However, this is a sentiment that the two of us have expressed for years. We have often said that I am him, he is me, yet he is himself, and I am myself. We are simultaneously one, and yet, individual. We have been saying this since we were in our early teens, and still believed that the Earth was only 6,000 years old, created by Jesus magic. It was the best way that we could describe our relationship, as we have always been incredibly close. As we spoke about these things, I came to a shocking realization. We came to understand the nature of the universe through our relationship with one another. We didn't understand at the time what we had discovered, but with the knowledge that we have now, it is all too obvious. I am him, he is me, but he is also himself, and I am also myself. The more I thought on this, the more I was struck by it. To come to intimately know another person is to come to intimately know the Force, at least in part. However, such knowledge goes beyond simple knowing, it goes deeper. It has been a long time since someone has taught me something about my own ideology, and the thought of such a thing having happened thrills me.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:35 am

A Sith Love Song

I recently started listening more carefully to a song I have heard many times, and I started breaking down lyrics from a Sith perspective.  You can hear the song here:

The following are the results of my breakdown of the lyrics from a Sith perspective. I found the song to be quite wonderful for this exercise. It could easily be interpreted as a Sith love song.

We are the lucky ones
We shine like a thousand suns
When all of the color runs together

So then, we, the living, are these lucky ones.  We shine with the intensity of one thousand suns.  We are glorious life and consciousness.

I'll keep you company
in one glorious harmony
Waltzing with destiny forever

I will stay with you, keep you company, even as we are one in this grand unity.  We can dance with one another through this existence.

Dance me into the night
Underneath the moon shining so bright
Turning me into the light

Let us dance together until we again meet within that night, that point where we rejoin one another within the universe itself, and I might be just as easily said to be the light of the moon.

Time dances whirling past
I gaze through the looking glass
And feel just beyond my grasp is heaven

As time whirls by, I can see what comes, and I am satisfied with it.  It is now beyond my grasp, but time is bringing me ever closer to it. It is a constant reminder of the time that moves so quickly around me. It reminds me to live.

Sacred geometry
Where movement is poetry
Visions of you and me forever

The structure and function of the universe creates poetry in the movement of energy.  We are some of that most profound poetry, and the two of us will forever be together in that brilliant dance of energy.

Dance me into the night

Again, we see this acceptance of this beautiful ending, filled with such joy and contentment.  Though the end will come, it is not something to be afraid of.  We should focus on being together while we are here.

Dance me into the night
Let the dark waltz begin
Oh let me wheel - let me spin
Let it take me again

Let me get caught up in this whirlwind called life, and let me enjoy it, and let us be together for it, and enjoy it together.  Until the day that I become the light again.

It really wasn't too hard to do this, the lyrics match up very well to this interpretation. It gives me a new perspective on the song, and I am able to enjoy it even more.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:45 am

Feeling Sith

Last night, I got my first set of glasses in over five years. I had gotten so used to the world being fuzzy and unclear in the distance. But with my new glasses, all of that changed. I could see details which I never could have before, and everything was so clear. I stepped out into the night, and looked up at the stars. Usually, stars were these very faint, fuzzy dots up in the sky. But no longer. The stars beamed with a brilliant, clear light, a burning spot in the darkness of space. I was blown away. I had just finished with a deep discussion of Sith unity, and as I looked up at those stars, and realized that their light was pouring into my body from what could possibly be millions or billions of light years away, I was suddenly taken aback. I could feel the energy of that star pouring into my body through the catalyst of my mind. My understanding of Sith unity, my understanding of the universe, and with the power of my mind, I could feel my greater self reaching out and connecting fully to me. It was as though I could feel all of The Force at once. I felt filled with power and energy. I was revitalized. I pulsed with power, and a feeling of assuredness that could not be shaken. I have never felt so concretely real before. It is amazing to me that as I continue to learn, I continue to grow so much. In those moments, and until I fell asleep, I could feel that sensation of connection to The Force. Surely this is what it is to truly feel Sith. Even now, it is easily recalled, simply by memory of the feeling itself. The Grand Holocron has expanded, and through the mind of another this time. I am whirling in the momentum of it all, and can hardly wait to see how things progress.

Darth Sanguinus
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Official Holocron Entry

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:48 pm

My Silence

I have been silent for some time now, and as I have gone silent, the rest of the board has gone silent as well.  I haven't been posting for a number of reasons.  The main reason is that after having moved across the country and starting a new job, there has been a lot that has been occupying my time.  Usually I log on every day, but there are some days when I simply don't have the time to post.  However, there are a few other reasons why I have been slow to post this past week or two.  First, because I wanted to see how the conversations would progress without my intervention.  Unfortunately as it turns out, the conversations simply stopped in my absence.  In addition, I have two people currently enrolled in training, and I was waiting for them to make their training posts so that I could reply to them.  However, for unknown reasons, these posts simply never came.  There has to be a level of involvement within the community without my intervention, and perhaps I should do something to promote such.  It will take time for me to figure out exactly what I need to do in order to make that a reality.  In the meantime, I'll simply take the time to make a few responses.

May The Force Set You Free,
Darth Sanguinus

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus   

Back to top Go down

The Holocron of Darth Sanguinus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Sith Order :: General Discussion :: Personal Holocrons-
Jump to: